To help ring in the New Year, our funding partner Etana Custody is waiving all deposit wire fees for the month of February.
This means that when you fund your Kraken account in USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, or JPY with Etana, it will be completely free!
If this wasn’t enough good news, all custody fees charged by Etana (previously 0.125%) have been waived indefinitely.
About Etana Custody
Etana Custody is a global custody service and funding provider with offices in New Zealand, USA, Singapore, Japan, and Europe. It works with Tier 1 banks around the world.
It also offers currency conversion services, thereby allowing Kraken clients to deposit local fiat and have it exchanged into any of the currencies that we currently accept for trading.
Kraken partnered with Etana Custody in early 2019, launching the new funding method publicly to clients in July 2019.
The Fine Print
Please note that deposit and withdrawal minimums will remain the same.
What Comes Next
If you already use Etana Custody, there is no action needed to take advantage of the promotion. All of your deposits in the month of February will be free.
If you would like to start funding your Kraken account using Etana Custody, you will first need to apply for an account with them by completing the following steps:
- Sign into your Kraken account.
- Navigate to Funding, select Show all assets on the account balances table and choose Deposit for the relevant currency.
- Select Etana Custody from the dropdown of funding methods.
- Click the Take Me There button. This will redirect you to Etana Custody for onboarding.
- Provide KYC documents and complete verification with Etana Custody.
- Once you have been fully verified, a venture linking your Kraken and Etana accounts will be created for you to accept. Creating the venture will allow you to instantly send funds back and forth between your Etana and Kraken accounts.
In order to start funding your Kraken account, you will need to complete the following steps to register your bank account:
- Log into your Etana Custody account and navigate to the Bank Accounts tab.
- Select Add Bank Account and type in your bank account details for the desired currency. Please note that a separate bank account registration is needed for each currency you would like to use for funding.
- Initiate a deposit within the Etana custody platform to the Kraken venture.
- Once the wire has been received by Etana Custody, your Kraken account will be automatically credited.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions.
Thank you for choosing Kraken, the secure and trusted digital asset exchange.
The Kraken Team
P.S. Have you tried the Kraken Pro mobile app yet?
Download the Kraken Pro App from the App Store or Google Play: