We are pleased to announce that Tron (TRX) will be listed on Kraken starting March 5.
What is Tron (TRX)?
Initially launched as a token on Ethereum, Tron (TRX) has since evolved into its own platform designed to fuel new and experimental blockchain-based applications.
Indeed, Tron has emulated more than just Ethereum’s vision for creating a decentralized web – Tron also uses its Solidity programming language, enabling apps to easily switch blockchains.
- Powered by delegated proof-of-stake (DPoS), Tron enables anyone who buys TRX to vote on who can earn rewards for validating transactions and maintaining its history.
- This process, by which TRX is locked and turned into Tron Power (TP), is similar to “staking” on networks like Tezos and Cosmos, though users can be rewarded with different levels of new cryptocurrency depending on their role in the voting process. Note: At time of listing, you will not be able to lock TRX held on Kraken in order to vote.
- With DPoS, Blocks are added to the blockchain every 3 seconds, and valid blocks are awarded 32 TRX. A total of 336,384,000 TRX is programmed to be awarded annually.
- The Tron Foundation, led by project creator Justin Sun, purchased BitTorrent in 2018 and has since launched a BitTorrent token on top of the Tron blockchain.
- The Tron blockchain officially went live in 2018.
- Project website: https://tron.network/
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for TRX at approximately 14:30 UTC on March 5.
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits here). The initial trading minimum will be 500 TRX.
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
How to deposit
- Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for Tron (TRX) > Click Deposit next to Tron (TRX), then generate a deposit address and send TRX to this address
Confirmations required before deposits credit
Fine print and fees
- Deposit/Withdrawal Minimum: 2 TRX
- Deposit/Withdrawal Fee: 0.01 TRX
- Trading Minimum: 500 TRX
- ICO: $0.0019 (September 2017)
- Current: $0.017 (March 2020)
- Total: 99,281,283,754 TRX
- Inflation: 336,384,000 TRX annually
Which services will TRX be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research, and invest at your own risk.
Download the Kraken Pro app from the App Store or Google Play:
Thank you for choosing Kraken, the trusted and secure digital asset exchange.
The Kraken Team