We are pleased to announce that BAT and WAVES will be listed on Kraken starting August 22.
What is the Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
- The Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an Ethereum-based token that supports a decentralized, open-source advertising platform.
- BAT is integrated with the Brave web browser, launched in 2016, which gives users the option to receive BAT for their attention (i.e. watching privacy preserving ads) from advertisers.
- Users can choose to contribute BAT to publishers and content producers.
- Existing Brave partners include: the Dow Jones Media Group, Cheddar, DuckDuckGo, and more. You can find a complete list here.
- Project website: https://basicattentiontoken.org/
What is Waves (WAVES)?
- The Waves token (WAVES) powers the Waves blockchain – a decentralized platform that supports a full range of decentralized applications, known as dapps.
- Waves enables anyone to create their own cryptocurrencies and supports crypto collectibles.
- It also provides a wallet and browser extension to manage assets and interact with various decentralized apps.
- Last month, the team behind Waves also announced its entrance into the enterprise blockchain space. Waves Enterprise will focus on corporate use cases and applications for the platform.
- Project website: https://wavesplatform.com/
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for both assets at approximately 13:30 UTC on August 22.
- Trading: We will enable trading at the same time as funding. Buy orders can be placed at this time. The first trade executions will take a bit longer because sell orders cannot be placed until deposits are credited (see required confirmation times below).
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
- BAT: BAT/USD, BAT/EUR, BAT/XBT, BAT/ETH
- WAVES: WAVES/USD, WAVES/EUR, WAVES/XBT, WAVES/ETH
How to deposit
- BAT: Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for BAT > Click
Depositnext to Basic Attention Token (BAT), then generate a deposit address and send BAT to this address.
- WAVES: Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for WAVES > Click
Depositnext to Waves (WAVES) then generate a deposit address and send WAVES to this address.
- For a visual guide see our support article on generating new deposit addresses.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- BAT: 30 (approximately 6 minutes)
- WAVES: 10 (approximately 8 minutes)
- ICO: $0.036 (May 2017 – raised $36M USD on 1B BAT sold)
- All-Time High: $0.9807 USD (Jan 09, 2018)
- All-Time Low: $0.0662 USD (Jul 16, 2017)
- Current: $0.2360 (Aug 5, 2019)
- Market Cap: $300.84M (Aug 5, 2019)
- Circulating: 1.28B
- Total: 1.5B
- ICO: $0.188 (May 2016 – raised $16M on 85.16M WAVES sold)
- All-Time High: $18.07 USD (Dec 19, 2017)
- All-Time Low: $0.122684 USD (Aug 02, 2016)
- Current: $1.42 (Aug 5, 2019)
- Market Cap: $142.46M (Aug 5, 2019)
- Circulating: 100M
- Total: 100M
Which Kraken products will BAT and WAVES be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.