We are pleased to announce that ICON (ICX) will be listed on Kraken starting September 12.
What is ICON (ICX)?
- ICON is a South Korea-based blockchain project. It aims to be an interoperable blockchain on which multiple industries and business types can coexist on a single network
- ICON communities and nodes are independently governed with varying rules and consensus algorithms. These respective communities are all connected to the central ICON Republic which serves as a communication point without governance authority over the individual communities
- ICON’s enterprise blockchain implementation, loopchain, is one of the oldest and largest operating blockchain networks in the world. It is being used by some of the largest and most reputable companies in South Korea, including major universities, governments, hospital systems, banks and financial services firms
- The ICX token powers the ICON network and will be used as a vehicle for value transfer and transaction. ICX will also be used by DApps that are built on top of the main network, thus allowing network participants to utilize ICX for various services provided in the ecosystem
- The promotion and development of the ICON protocol is overseen by the ICON Foundation https://icon.foundation
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for ICX at approximately 13:30 UTC on September 12
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled, because sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits below)
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time
- ICX: ICX/USD, ICX/EUR, ICX/XBT, ICX/ETH
How to deposit
- Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for ICX > Click “Deposit” next to ICON (ICX), then generate a deposit address and send ICX to this address
- For a visual guide, see our support article on generating new deposit addresses
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- ICX: 3 (approximately 10 seconds)
- ICO: $0.11 USD (Sep 2017 – raised $42.75M on 388.64M ICX sold)
- All-Time High: $12.64 USD (Jan 09, 2018)
- All-Time Low: $0.181 USD (Feb 06, 2019)
- Current: $0.201 (Sep 09, 2019)
- Market Cap: $99.17M (Sep 09, 2019)
- Circulating: 492.84M ICX
- Total: 800.46M ICX
Which services will ICX be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.