We are pleased to announce that Chainlink (LINK) and Dai (DAI) will be listed on Kraken starting September 25.
What is Chainlink (LINK)?
Chainlink connects decentralized peer-to-peer networks and smart contracts to real-world data, events, and payments.
- The Chainlink network uses reputation and validation systems to reward honest behavior among tamper-proof oracles, bridging the gap between on-chain contracts and off-chain data, such as APIs, payments, or real-world events like a package arrival
- LINK, an Ethereum ERC-20 token, incentivizes participating oracles to maintain minimum service level agreement (SLA) standards while reporting accurate data
- Google, Oracle and Gartner are among several known enterprises exploring use cases that leverage Chainlink
- Requests for off-chain data are made through Ethereum smart contracts and Chainlink matches the contracts to suitable oracles. The contracts can specify things like the requirements of the data search and the reputation level of the oracles who will perform the search
- Chainlink was launched in 2017 by San Francisco-based SmartContract (https://www.smartcontract.com/)
- Project website: https://chain.link/
What is Dai (DAI)?
Dai is a decentralized stablecoin that serves as a hedge against crypto volatility, provides immediate liquidity to crypto holders, and can be used to purchase goods and services.
- Dai relies on an Ethereum-based smart contract issued by MakerDAO and a series of dynamic feedback systems involving Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs)
- New Dai tokens are created as users enter into CDPs, and they are subsequently burnt when users close out their position and pay a stability fee
- Dai is pegged 1:1 with the US dollar through a price stability mechanism that liquidates CDPs in the event that collateral value declines
- The amount of collateral in a CDP is always set to be significantly higher than the amount of the debt, so stability seekers who wish to use Dai as a predictable store of value can be confident that 1 DAI is worth approximately 1 USD in underlying assets
- The asset has a market capitalization of approximately $86 million, and its parent company MakerDAO leads the DeFi industry with $337 million in value locked as collateral
- Project website: https://makerdao.com/en/
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for LINK and DAI at approximately 13:30 UTC on September 25
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled, because sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits below)
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time
- LINK: LINK/USD, LINK/EUR, LINK/XBT, LINK/ETH
- DAI: DAI/USD, DAI/EUR, DAI/USDT, ETH/DAI
How to deposit
- LINK: Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for LINK > Click “Deposit” next to Chainlink (LINK), then generate a deposit address and send LINK to this address
- DAI: Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for DAI > Click “Deposit” next to MakerDAO DAI, then generate a deposit address and send DAI to this address
- For a visual guide, see our support article on generating new deposit addresses
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- LINK: 30 (approximately 6 minutes)
- DAI: 30 (approximately 6 minutes)
- ICO: $0.032 USD (Sep 2017 – raised $32M on 1B LINK sold)
- All-Time High: $4.54 USD (Jun 29, 2019)
- All-Time Low: $0.126297 USD (Sep 23, 2017)
- Current: $1.82 USD (Sep 20, 2019)
- Market Cap: $636.36M (Sep 20, 2019)
- Circulating: 350M LINK
- Total: 1B LINK
- All-Time High: $1.37 USD (Feb 03, 2018)
- All-Time Low: $0.720637 USD (Jan 11, 2018)
- Current: $1.01 USD (Sep 20, 2019)
- Market Cap: $86,560,270 USD (Sep 20, 2019)
- Circulating: 85.96M DAI
- Total: 85.96M DAI
Which services will LINK and DAI be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.