The newest videos in our Crypto Security Guide series focus on mobile phone security and staying safe with public WiFi networks while on-the-go.
To be clear, mobile phones aren’t the best way to protect your Bitcoin and crypto investments, but as Nick explains:
“I would say it’s safe to keep crypto in any place that is more secure than your other alternatives. If in your world, you don’t have any other secure place to keep your crypto, well, maybe keeping it in a software wallet on your phone is the safest place to do so.”
Crypto and Your Phone
In the first video, “Crypto and Your Phone,” Nick answers the essential questions about mobile phone security, including:
- How can I make my phone secure?
- Is it safe to keep crypto on my phone?
- Should I avoid certain apps?
In “Public WiFi,” you will learn the security pros and cons of:
- Closed WiFi Networks
- Open WiFi Networks
- Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
Next, Nick breaks down the topic of SIM card swapping:
- How criminals can use the technique to gain access to your accounts
- How the technique exploits your phone
- How you can protect yourself
Deeper dive: Check out Kraken’s in-depth guide to phone security.
Lastly, Nick explains the importance of securing your accounts with two-factor authentication and why it’s safer to use a 2FA application on your phone instead of a phone number.