Kraken is pleased to announce it is now enabling individuals and entities who hold DOTs – the Polkadot blockchain’s native cryptocurrency – to claim their tokens on our exchange. Claiming will become available tomorrow, June 16th, at 15:30 UTC.
The move comes in advance of our launch of DOT staking with up to 20% rewards, which will be available as soon as transfers are operational on the live Polkadot network.
Polkadot is a novel protocol aiming to allow multiple blockchains, both public and private, to scale within an interoperable network. It was developed by Web3 Foundation and co-founded by Ethereum co-creator and CTO Gavin Wood.
As designed, the Polkadot network will be collectively managed by DOT holders, who will use their holdings to determine who will get to manage key network functions through a process called staking.
Why Claim DOTs on Kraken?
We offer the fastest and easiest way for DOT holders to claim their allotments. In addition, once transfers are enabled, you can stake your tokens with us and receive up to 20% rewards while taking advantage of the liquidity provided by our global spot exchange.
Finally, with a minimum deposit of just 0.015 DOT, our service is open to all DOT holders.
How to Claim Your DOTs
To begin, you’ll need to connect the Ethereum wallet containing the DOT tokens to a Polkadot address.
The Web3 Foundation has created a claims website for DOT holders which includes:
- A tool for confirming whether an Ethereum address holds tokens representing your original DOT allocations
- A step-by-step walkthrough on how to generate a native Polkadot address
- A tool for verifying the balance of the Polkadot address once the claim is complete
- Detailed instructions on how to execute a claim.
Allocating DOTs to Kraken
Follow these simple steps to claim your DOTs on Kraken.
- Login to your Kraken account here: https://www.kraken.com/sign-in
- Navigate to Funding > Polkadot and generate a new DOT deposit address. Use it for your claim process.
- Once claims are processed, tokens will appear in your Kraken account.
DOT claimants who are not yet Kraken clients can open an account here: https://www.kraken.com/sign-up.
For general questions about the claims process, please visit https://wiki.polkadot.network/docs/en/claims.