We are excited to list 3 new assets on our platform on October 15.
Note that FIL is a bit different from the other two because it is a “mainnet listing,” meaning that trading will begin as soon as possible after the Filecoin mainnet goes live and transfers are enabled on the network. This, along with the larger number of confirmations required for FIL deposits to credit, means that FIL trading will begin approximately 4 hours later than UNI and YFI.
Read the previous announcement of the FIL listing on our blog.
When will the assets launch?
- FIL funding and trading: funding enabled shortly after block 148,888 (approximately 14:45 UTC on October 15). Trading will start approximately 2.5 hours later. See our previous FIL listing announcement for details.
- UNI and YFI funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals at approximately 13:30 UTC on October 15.
- UNI and YFI trading: The first trades will start approximately 6 minutes after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits below).
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
There will be four trading pairs for each asset to trade in USD, EUR, Bitcoin (XBT), and Ether (ETH):
- USD (e.g. FIL/USD)
- EUR (e.g. UNI/EUR)
- XBT (e.g. YFI/XBT)
- ETH (e.g. FIL/ETH)
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “Uniswap” or “UNI”).
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- Filecoin (FIL): 300 (about 2.5 hours)
- Uniswap (UNI): 30 (about 6 minutes)
- yearn.finance (YFI): 30 (about 6 minutes)
- Filecoin (FIL): 0.125 FIL
- Uniswap (UNI): 0.25 UNI
- yearn.finance (YFI): 0.0001
- You can review the fees here
Which services will the assets be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.