We’re excited to list 2 new trading assets and one new staking asset starting December 15 at approximately 13:30 UTC.
New Trading Assets
Decentraland (MANA) – Decentraland is a decentralized virtual world built on Ethereum that people create buildings and games in. You can own digital land and wearables (clothing for your avatar) by purchasing unique non-fungible tokens (NFTs). MANA is an Ethereum (ERC-20) token that can be used to purchase land or wearables.
Kraken has worked with Decentraland to build a Kraken virtual headquarters in Crypto Valley East. We will be hosting a Kraken Christmas party in our virtual HQ on December 23 – anyone is welcome!
Aave (AAVE) – Built on the Ethereum blockchain, Aave is a decentralized lending system allowing users to lend, borrow and earn interest on crypto assets. With Aave there are no middlemen and no need to trust a particular institution or person to manage funds. Presently, Aave supports lending and borrowing in 17 different cryptocurrencies. The Ethereum (ERC-20) token AAVE plays a central role in the management and collateralization of the Aave protocol, allowing users to vote on changes to its rules and policies.
New Staking Assets
Kava (KAVA) – KAVA was first listed for trading back in July and we are now adding the ability to stake. Kava is a decentralized platform for borrowing and lending assets without the need for a traditional financial intermediary. One thing that makes Kava unique is that it is built on Cosmos rather than Ethereum like most other DeFi projects, a design decision its team argues adds additional functionality.
What time will funding, trading and staking start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for MANA and AAVE at approximately 13:30 UTC on December 15.
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits here).
- Staking: KAVA staking will be available starting at approximately 13:30 UTC on December 15.
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
Trading Pairs for MANA and AAVE
Each asset will have four trading pairs for trading in USD, EUR, Bitcoin (XBT), and Ether (ETH):
- USD (e.g. MANA/USD)
- EUR (e.g. AAVE/EUR)
- XBT (e.g. MANA/XBT)
- ETH (e.g. AAVE/ETH)
We will also be listing a pair for trading between AAVE and GBP:
- Staking reward: 4.5% yearly
- Receive rewards twice each week
- Get started under “Staking” in your account
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “MANA” or “AAVE”).
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- MANA: 20 (about 4 minutes)
- AAVE: 20 (about 4 minutes)
- MANA: 50 MANA
- AAVE: 0.1 AAVE
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for MANA and AAVE?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.