Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) and Energy Web Token (EWT) trading starts on March 3 at approximately 15:30 UTC.
Deposits for both assets are currently open so you can deposit now and get ready for the launch of trading tomorrow!
Note: EWT trading is not available to residents of the US and Canada.
Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) – Built on Ethereum, Ocean is a platform that allows businesses and individuals to exchange and monetize data and data-based services. In this way, it seeks to make datasets, called datatokens, available to startups and researchers without the data having to leave the hands of those who store it. OCEAN is an ERC-20 token and allows users to buy and sell datatokens, participate in Ocean’s governance, or stake in Ocean’s marketplace.
Energy Web Token (EWT) – EWT is the native cryptocurrency of the Energy Web Chain, a blockchain platform designed to support the development of energy sector applications. EWT plays a key role in the Energy Web Chain, as it is used to pay those who validate transactions on its blockchain and allows those who hold it to pay for services in certain dapps. Note that EWT trading is not available to residents of the US and Canada.
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Already available – deposit OCEAN or EWT now!
- Trading: Trading will start March 3 at approximately 15:30 UTC (order entry and execution will be enabled at this time).
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
Trading Pairs for OCEAN and EWT
Each asset will have four trading pairs for trading in USD, EUR, GBP and Bitcoin (BTC):
- USD (e.g. OCEAN/USD)
- EUR (e.g. EWT/EUR)
- GBP (e.g. OCEAN/GBP)
- BTC (e.g. EWT/BTC)
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “OCEAN” or “EWT”). Note that we are not supporting EWTB, which is the ERC-20 token for EWT on Ethereum.
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- OCEAN: 20 (about 4 minutes)
- EWT: 21 (about 1.5 minutes)
- 10 OCEAN
- 1 EWT
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for OCEAN and EWT?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.