We are excited to announce that Kraken is now supporting Covalent Query Token (CQT).
- Deposits and withdrawals are available starting now
- Trading will begin on July 6 at approximately 15:30 UTC
Note: Trading is not available to residents of the USA, Canada, Australia and Japan.
What is Covalent Query Token?
Covalent provides an API for any individual, company or decentralized application to access blockchain data.
The Covalent team created a software that indexes and stores smart contract, wallet, block and transaction data from multiple blockchains, including Ethereum, Polkadot and Elrond. Covalent’s API helps developers easily access billions of data points that can be used for their specific projects and needs.
The Covalent Query Token (CQT) is Covalent’s native cryptocurrency and is the main method of payments between developers needing data and validators who answer those queries. Holding and staking CQT also enables participants to vote on protocol upgrades to the network.
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Already available – deposit CQT now.
- Trading: Starts July 6 at approximately 15:30 UTC (Kraken will enable order entry and execution at this time).
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
Trading pairs for CQT
How to deposit CQT
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching “CQT.”
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- 20 (about 5 minutes)
- 1 CQT
Fees and funding minimums
Which services will be available for CQT?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even which assets we are considering. All of Kraken’s listed tokens are available on our website, and all future tokens will be announced on Kraken’s blog and social media profiles. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.