We are excited to announce that Kraken is now supporting Moonriver (MOVR).
- Deposits and withdrawals are now open.
- Trading will begin at approximately 09:00 UTC on August 27.
- Clients who contributed to Moonriver’s Parachain Auction on Kraken will automatically receive MOVR rewards in their Kraken account. Full details on the rewards distribution can be found here.
Note: Trading is not available to residents of the USA, Canada, Australia and Japan.
What is Moonriver?
Moonriver is a Kusama parachain that intends to support Ethereum decentralized applications by providing a full Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) implementation, a Web3-compatible API and bridges that connect Moonriver to existing Ethereum networks. Moonriver also plans to implement a built-in integration for all Kusama and ERC-20 tokens and bridges to other assets like Bitcoin.
Will I receive MOVR for contributing to the auction?
Yes, clients who contributed to Moonriver’s Parachain Auction on Kraken have now received MOVR rewards in their Kraken account. Full details on the rewards distribution can be found here.
What time will funding and trading start?
Funding is now open. Trading starts Friday, August 27, at approximately 09:00 UTC.
Trading pairs for MOVR
How to deposit MOVR
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching “MOVR.”
- Click “Deposit” next to MOVR and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- 25 (about 4 minutes)
- 0.3 MOVR
Fees and funding minimums
Which services will be available for MOVR?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even which assets we are considering. All of Kraken’s listed tokens are available on our website, and all future tokens will be announced on Kraken’s blog and social media profiles. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.