Kraken is now accepting MtGox creditor claims and offering up to $1 million in free trade volume per creditor as a bonus for claiming funds through Kraken. The claim and payout service through Kraken is available in all areas of operation, including all US states.
As announced in our November blog post, Kraken was selected by the MtGox trustee after extensive and objective review to assist MtGox creditors in investigating missing Bitcoin, filing claims, and distributing remaining assets.
“Thanks to Kraken, filing of claims can be done through their system,” said the MtGox trustee. “We expect this to enable smooth filing of bankruptcy claims and distributions.”
Creditors claiming funds with Kraken can expect the following benefits:
- 100,000 KFEE credits redeemable for up to $1 million in free trading volume at the lowest fee tier of 0.1%
- Creditor claim and payout support with live chat and email
- Option to receive funds in the form of Bitcoin
- An easier and more convenient process from claim to payout
MtGox creditors should file their claim as soon as possible in two steps:
- Create an account at https://www.kraken.com.
- Click the “MtGox Claim” tab in your account and follow the instructions.
“We see our involvement in this process as an opportunity to restore faith in the community by showing what we need more of in the Bitcoin space – trusted leadership,” said Kraken CEO Jesse Powell. “We’re dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience. What is that? It’s fast execution and reliable service – all done over a secure platform. Whether you’re a long-standing client or trying us for the first time, we’re committed to putting your best interests first. That’s our philosophy. It’s simple. Put people first.”
To learn more about the KFEE restrictions and use: https://support.kraken.com/hc/en-us/articles/204802628