We are pleased to announce that Siacoin (SC) will be listed on Kraken starting October 9.
What is Siacoin (SC)?
The Sia network leverages underutilized hard drive capacity around the globe to create a decentralized data storage marketplace that is more resilient, private and affordable than traditional cloud storage solutions. Sia runs on its own blockchain, powered by the Siacoin (SC) token, used to buy and sell data storage on the network.
- Sia matches users who need data storage with hosts that have unused hard drive space
- Files are encrypted, divided into fragments and distributed across the network of hosts. There are no central servers, meaning only end-users can access, control and own their data
- On average, storing files on Sia costs 90% less than centralized cloud storage providers. Storing 1TB of files on Sia costs about $1-2 per month, compared with $23 on Amazon S3
- Files are distributed across multiple redundant nodes, ensuring uptime and eliminating single points of failure
- The Sia blockchain powers a decentralized marketplace where storage providers compete for business, ensuring the lowest possible prices. Renters pay using Siacoin, which can also be mined and traded
- Sia is completely open source, with a vibrant community of developers building applications on the Sia API
- Sia was launched in 2015 by Boston-based Nebulous, Inc. Project website: https://www.sia.tech/
What time will funding and trading start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for Siacoin (SC) at approximately 13:30 UTC on October 9
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled, because sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits below)
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time
- SC: SC/USD, SC/EUR, SC/XBT, SC/ETH
How to deposit
- SC: Navigate to Funding > Tick “Show all assets” or Search for SC > Click “Deposit” next to Siacoin (SC), then generate a deposit address and send SC to this address
- For a visual guide, see our support article on generating new deposit addresses
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- SC: 6 (approximately 60 minutes)
- ICO: N/A – SC is mined only
- All-Time High: $0.111708 USD (Jan 06, 2018)
- All-Time Low: $0.000011 USD (Dec 01, 2015)
- Current: $0.001500 USD (Sep 26, 2019)
- Market Cap: $61.2M USD (Sep 26, 2019)
- Circulating: 41.82B SC
- Total: 41.82B SC
Which services will SC be available for?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.