The date is set, the place is cyberspace.
Kraken is excited to reveal the complete lineup for our ‘Block Drop VR Halving Party,’ an all-star event that will include luminaries like Alex Gladstein, Jameson Lopp and Charlie Lee, alongside CEO Jesse Powell and our top internal experts.
To be held this Sunday May 10th from 16:00 to 20:00 UTC, this once-in-a-halving event will feature candid Q&As designed to unpack and illuminate the full intricacies of Bitcoin’s big rewards reduction and its implications for the world.
In case that wasn’t enough, attendees will be eligible to win prizes over the course of the day’s programming, including a FREE Oculus Quest headset, Kraken t-shirts and more.
The Next Halving: Bitcoin in 2024 and Beyond
16:00 – 17:00 UTC
What does the future look like for Bitcoin? How might our world change once another 210,000 blocks have been mined? Kraken Editor-at-Large Pete Rizzo hosts a special session focused on forward predictions that we’re sure will be fun to look back on in four years.
- Jameson Lopp – CTO, Casa
- Alyse Killeen – Managing Partner, Stillmark
- Eric Wall – Chief Investment Officer, Arcane Assets
- Charlie Lee – Director, Litecoin Foundation
The Bitcoin Halving’s Price Impact: What to Expect
17:00 – 18:00 UTC
How should retail trade the halving? Is this a prime buying opportunity for savvy institutions? Kraken Director of Business Development Dan Held will moderate this opinionated panel focused on the halving and its price impact.
- Travis Kling – Chief Investment Officer, Ikigai Asset Management
- Spencer Bogart – General Partner, Blockchain Capital
- Ari Paul – Chief Investment Officer, BlockTower Capital
Bitcoin Vs. the Powers That Be
18:00 – 19:00 UTC
Should social media companies moderate crypto? Should governments have a monopoly on monetary assets? A packed guest list joins Kraken Lead Bitcoin Strategist Pierre Rochard as he discusses the evolving conversation around Bitcoin and its encroachment on authorities.
- Neeraj Agrawal – Director of Communications, Coin Center
- Peter Van Valkenburg – Director of Research, Coin Center
- Marco Santori – Chief Legal Officer, Kraken
Bitcoin & the Fight for Freedom
19:00 – 20:00 UTC
Censorship, surveillance, expanding states. The world may feel bleak for those who value their privacy and security, but luckily, Bitcoin is helping to hold these forces at bay. Join Kraken CEO Jesse Powell for a one-on-one discussion that unpacks the global scope of Bitcoin’s impact.
- Alex Gladstein – Chief Strategy Officer, Human Rights Foundation
Second Layer, Third Halving
20:00 – 21:00 UTC
- Elizabeth Stark – CEO and co-founder, Lightning Labs
What If I Don’t Have a VR Headset?
To do so, simply download AltspaceVR to your Windows PC:
- Visit the Altspace download page
- Scroll down to the “No headset? No problem” section
- Download via the Windows Store or the Steam store
What If I Own an Oculus?
You’ll need to install the AltspaceVR app on your headset, available on the Oculus Store.
- After installation, start AltspaceVR on your headset. (You’ll have to sign up for AltspaceVR, inside the app.)
- Next, there’s a short tutorial that shows you how to navigate the app and how to choose and modify your avatar.
- Note: You must complete the tutorial. Not doing so could delay your attendance, so completing this step in advance is strongly recommended.
Wait… What is the Halving?
Still not sure what we’re celebrating?
Our research team has compiled an introductory report that outlines the halving and how it has historically impacted Bitcoin. You can read the full report here. Also available is Pierre Rochard’s Kraken webinar, “Bitcoin’s Third Halving,” now on YouTube.
– The Kraken Team