Looking for new investments, trade opportunities or ways to earn staking rewards? We’re excited to list 4 new assets starting November 24 at approximately 13:30 UTC.
New Trading Assets
Keep (KEEP) – The Keep Network is a privacy layer for Ethereum that allows users and applications to store data privately by creating a trustless bridge between a public blockchain and private data. It uses off-chain containers for private data called “keeps” to securely encrypt and store private data. The network randomly assigns keeps to a system of participants, called signers, that help store and manage these data containers.
tBTC (TBTC) – tBTC is an Ethereum (ERC-20) token that is backed 1:1 by bitcoin, and the first application built on the Keep Network. What sets tBTC apart from other BTC-backed Ethereum tokens (like wBTC) is that it is trustless and non-custodial. When tBTC is minted in exchange for BTC, there is no need for a centralized trusted custodian of the BTC. Instead, the private keys of the BTC are stored in encrypted off-chain containers of the Keep Network. Although tBTC is “pegged” to BTC, keep in mind that Kraken’s tBTC markets are open, allowing tBTC value to diverge from BTC value.
Aragon (ANT) – Aragon is an app built on the Ethereum protocol that allows anyone to easily create and manage decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs). Aragon comes with many of the most commonly needed administrative functions built-in, enabling new organizational structures to be created very quickly. Aragon-based DAOs have become the new standard for “Minimal Viable Governance” (MVG), and are ideal for projects that want to leapfrog over governance design and get more quickly to other tasks like product design. ANT is Aragon’s governance token.
New Staking Assets
Kusama (KSM) – KSM was listed for trading on Kraken in September. We are now adding support for staking with a reward of 12% yearly. Kusama’s protocol serves as a pre-production environment for the Polkadot blockchain, meaning that any developer can experiment and test new technologies on the Kusama blockchain before releasing them on Polkadot. Importantly, Polkadot upgrades are also tested on Kusama before their release.
What time will funding, trading and staking start?
- Funding: Kraken will enable deposits and withdrawals for KEEP, TBTC and ANT at approximately 13:30 UTC on November 24.
- Trading: The first trades will start shortly after funding is enabled as sell orders cannot be placed until deposits clear (see the required confirmation times for deposits here).
- Staking: KSM staking will be available starting at approximately 13:30 UTC on November 24.
- Updates will be posted on the status page near launch time.
Trading Pairs for KEEP, TBTC and ANT
Each asset will have four trading pairs for trading in USD, EUR, Bitcoin (XBT), and Ether (ETH):
- USD (e.g. KEEP/USD)
- EUR (e.g. TBTC/EUR)
- XBT (e.g. ANT/XBT)
- ETH (e.g. KEEP/ETH)
- Staking reward: 12% yearly
- Receive rewards twice each week
- Get started under “Staking” in your account
How to deposit
- Navigate to “Funding” > Select the asset. You can find the asset either by ticking “Show all assets” or by searching (e.g for “Aragon” or “ANT”).
- Click “Deposit” next to the asset and follow the on-screen instructions.
Confirmations required before deposits credit
- Keep (KEEP): 30 (about 6 minutes)
- tBTC (TBTC): 30 (about 6 minutes)
- Aragon (ANT): 30 (about 6 minutes)
- Keep (KEEP): 10 KEEP
- tBTC (TBTC): 0.001 TBTC
- Aragon (ANT): 1 ANT
Fees and Funding Minimums
Which services will be available for KEEP, TBTC and ANT?
Not (yet) available
Will Kraken list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch – not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.